Friday 10 August 2012

MDF Framed Chalkboard

I am currently in the process of updating the children's playroom to make it a more brighter space. I have recently painted the room a soft blue and cannot believe the difference already.  The chalkboard that we painted on the wall a couple of years ago has been lacking a little itself.  When we initially painted it we just squared it off with painter's tape and that was it. Really, it has served it's purpose and the kid's don't even notice....but I do.  I decided to trim it out with some moulding to give it a much nicer look.  
Home Depot has a great selection of trim for a reasonable prices.  I only needed two pieces which cost about $13.  We decided to use a No More Nails product because the frame was not lined up with any studs in the wall.  By the way, it dries in 10sec;).  A few simple cuts, some glue and a couple of air nails secured everything in place.

 No More Nails on the back of MDF

 a few air nails for extra support filled in with DAP
 I used some base moulding cut on a 45 degree angle for a nice edge
The bottom includes a ledge to place chalk.

Hope you like!  I love the clean straight lines and the overall decorative look.  Parker and Avery like it as well!  Will post more pics as I complete this room.

No comments:

Post a Comment