Saturday 4 August 2012

End Tables-Finally Done!

It has been a long 3 months since I picked this pair up (here)and now they finally have a place to reside.  I have been on a mission this weekend to wrap up some projects that have been kind of tossed to the side and I am succeeding!  These tables did need a little tweaking, though.  We replaced the wood on the bottom and also added some small feet which were actually curtain finials that I picked up in the clearance bin at Fabricland.  Initially, I had given the tables a couple of coats of spray primer, so I just needed to prepare the bottom skirt and feet.  Once dried I applied two additional coats of Rust-Oleum Heirloom White.  I did try to glaze the front of one of the tables but did not like the effect so I repainted it white.  Some light sanding and a spray varnish nearly completes these bad boys.  I repainted the original  hardware, attached and BAM!  Complete!!  This is one project that I am so very happy to finish not to mention they are also a great addition to our family room, that is slowly starting to bloom.




 


I may consider trimming out the bottom with some moulding at some point to add an little more detail, but for now I am quite content with the outcome.

Kathryn
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment