Monday 6 August 2012

$5 Thrift Store Chandelier

This has been the week of sweet deals.   I have lucked into some items that I have been on the hunt for and have purchased these things for well under anticipated. I hit one of the local thrift stores early this week and spotted this six bulb chandelier hanging there with flashing lights all around it.  I have been looking for either a candelabra or chandelier to give us light under our gazebo.  We rely on candles to give us some light which really doesn't do the trick.  Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised to see the $5 tag on this beauty.  My husband basically snipped off the extra chain, stripped the wire and re-wired with an extension cord.  We ran the extra cord along the frame of the gazebo to another extension cord that comes from within the garage.  Other than the minor wiring there were no other cosmetic changes.






No comments:

Post a Comment